Daily life is a practice.
Moment to moment, day by day, we get to choose our own adventures. We get to choose our actions and reactions. We get to choose how we spend our time, money and energy.
We do not get to choose what happens to us though. We do not get to choose which thoughts and feelings will arise in our minds today. We can’t always get what we want.
Life is both completely out of our control and completely affected by the contents of our minds and bodies, which are not separate.
These are the practices I aim to incorporate into each of my days:
- Good posture & mindful breathing (yoga)
- Being grateful to everyone & all experiences (openness)
- Sending love and kindness to all beings without exception (metta)
- Honoring my body & emotions (flexibility)
- Serving others (being of benefit)
- Physical movement (walking, swimming)
- Reading & writing (learning)
- Mindful communication (cultivating conscious, compassionate relationships)
Do I do all these things every day? No. But the more I do them, the better I feel.
What are your daily life practices?
Leave a Reply